Dealing with cancer is hard enough… having people who can assist and taking away some stress is the best thing that happened to me. The gratitude journal is compiled of my support system when diagnosed with cancer. I have been blessed without measure with kind-hearted people and today I want to say thank you!
I started off on rocky grounds, with domestic violence and abuse and everybody I mention here today has played a fundamental part in seeing that I am comfortable through my cancer treatment.
Importance of the gratitude journal:
- Identifying the good things: Its easier to get stuck with all the bad things happening around, but if you cultivate a life of gratitude, you will focus on the awesome things worth being grateful for.
- Helps define priorities: When you journal the good things, you discover that the best gifts you get are priceless and you do not necessarily have to pay for them. This could possibly help you to be less materialistic.
- Builds positivity and hope: When you develop a gratitude culture, you tend to be more positive and resilient.
- psychological strength: Gratitude helps to reduce stress and boost mental stability.
The list of benefits are endless and that is why I have decided to share my gratitude journal with you!
I owe my life and everything to God Almighty. His Grace has never departed from me all through this time. God has done so many unexplainable things for me, too many that I can’t count them all. God’s grace, favor, love and mercy has been present in my life and never left me. I have experienced breakthrough’s that can only come from only God. I love you my father for being faithful and keeping all your promises concerning my life.
I still wonder how selfless he is. We met when I was completely in remission and it was all good and then the big sickness happened again. I think some men would hurriedly run out of the relationship, instead, I got engaged😉. He has sacrificed so much for me and I am so grateful. My health and comfort is a priority to him. He accepts my idiosyncrasies and thinks I’m awesome. Baby thank you for being my man and supporting me through the toughest time of my life. I love you!
You know how I feel about you right? I bet you do. I’m upset we didn’t connect sooner after leaving high school but I’m so happy for reuniting with you. We talk for hours without saying a thing about cancer…. you understand that I do not want to be constantly reminded of cancer and you respect that. Talking to you is therapeutic… Considering life throws us all challenges but you find the time for me in your busy schedule…I love you…thank you!
We met in an unlikely manner and yet our friendship is the best thing that happened to me. We share a lot of priceless memories and together we have come a long way. You have a crazy sense of humor and I guess someone has to love crazy… I love you and I thank you!
- My Aunt: My prayer warrior and adviser. She goes above and beyond for me. She has been my mother since my biological mother passed. Aunty thank you and I love you!
- My Brothers: I have four soldiers! Being the only girl, they have been protective of me and still don’t think I’m grown…..They even call me mickey mouse till date! I love you guys and thanks for being there for me.
- Po and Rosemary: You guys are the best. Thanks for your prayers. God has answered us all! I love you and I thank you!
- Weeny and T: Weeny like you are fondly called, you have been a great source of inspiration and I thank you. T my forever brother, Your knowledge and insight on life has been a great source of guidance to me throughout this period. Thank you and I love you!
- Telly, Aby, Omy, Zik I love you guys and Thank you!
- Grace and Ony: Both of you have been so good to me. You have sacrificed so much for me and I thank you… Love you both!
Nan & Charles
For all the spiritual support I have gotten from you both, I thank you. For standing by me through these hard times I love you both.
My darling friend, my prayer warrior, I say a big thank you…You are an awesome friend and I love you.
Ore mi… I can’t begin to thank you enough. For your support, advice and guidance through out my journey, I thank you. I’m very happy I met you
It started with a simple yelp request and ended with a friendship that I will forever appreciate. I asked for a photography quote and he responded that he was going to do it for me free of charge! That is the Grace of God right there. Cano took awesome pictures of me and it was an awesome experience. If you want captivating pictures for your events in New England, visit www.apontephotos.com Thank you, Cano.
My confidante, friend, and sister, so soft-spoken and always standing by me. I love you and thank you.
You took me in as one of your children. You assisted me in my quest for a future. I can never repay the love you showed me but I thank you as you played a very important role in my life. Many thanks to Osho, my brother for life! thank you for your kindness towards me.
Bros like I fondly call you, you have a kind heart and you are my resource person. I ask you everything I need to navigate and you always have answers. Thank you!
To all my awesome friends, Joy, Danielle, Naomi, and everyone else I have omitted… I love you all and I thank you for being there for me. I love you all!